Pub House Books accepts singular or simultaneous submissions of previously unpublished poetry, fiction, and visual art. We are always on the hunt for great writing and artwork! Please note that Submittable is now Pub House Books' only method for receiving submissions.
Before submitting to Pub House Books, please review the genre-specific submission instructions below. Please note that for all submissions, you must include a mailing address and short bio with your submission. A submission lacking a mailing address and bio will be considered incomplete.
Gravitas is published in print, tri-annually, in January, May, and September.
We like poems of any length, and review on a rolling basis. Please send several poems as opposed to a single piece, but no more than FIVE in a submission—and again, make only one submission of up to FIVE poems in ONE document. Since our anthologies include about 100 pages of poetry, one of the main things we’re looking for is diversity; we have enough room to be eclectic, and we plan on using it.
Do not make another submission in this category until we've replied. Our response time is currently one to three months.
We are interested in original, unpublished poetry. We do not consider work that has appeared elsewhere.
Simultaneous submissions are welcome, provided that you notify us promptly if a poem has been accepted by another publication. NOTE: If you need to withdraw individual poems from consideration, please click on the title of your submission; click on the "Activity" tab; and leave a note detailing which poem(s) should be withdrawn.
Please only use the "Withdraw" function if you intend to remove all poems from consideration.
We compensate our contributors with a .pdf version of the journal.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to Gravitas. We look forward to reading your poems.
Check out Volume 19 Issue 1 here!
Reading Period: March 1st, 2020 - December 31st, 2020
- Work must be previously unpublished as a whole (individual poem publication is okay).
- Simultaneous submissions are okay as long as you inform us immediately if the chapbook has been accepted for publication elsewhere.
- All individual poems will be considered for publication.
- Manuscripts can be anywhere from 14 – 36 pages in length.
- Collaborations and translations are welcome as long as the submitting author has the rights to the work. For translations, please send only the English version.
- Multiple submissions are NOT permitted.
- Begin the manuscript with a title page and a table of contents.
- 12pt, Times New Roman, Single Spaced, Standard Manuscript Formatting
- Poets receive two author copies of published manuscripts (additional author copies may be purchased at cost+shipping)
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Pub House Books: Chapbook Series. We look forward to reading your poems.